Important decision of Modi cabinet: NRA to conduct Common Eligibility Entrance Test, now exempt from caste examination for government jobs
At present there are more than 20 central recruitment agencies but only 3 exams are becoming common. The government said that the common test will benefit the youth looking for jobs.
The cabinet meeting was held on Wednesday under the chairmanship of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Union Minister Prakash Javadekar gave details of the decisions taken at the cabinet meeting at a press conference. The management and operation of 6 airports in the country has been outsourced to private companies. Apart from this, the National Recruitment Agency (NRA) has been given the authority to conduct CET (Common Eligibility cum Entrance Test) for the subordinate posts.
Javadekar said Jaipur, Guwahati and Thiruvananthapuram airports have also been allowed to be leased under public-private partnership.
Adani Group’s bid for 6 airports was approved last year
The Adani Group’s bid to operate Jaipur, Guwahati, Thiruvananthapuram, Lucknow, Ahmedabad and Mangalore was approved in February last year. An agreement was signed between the Airports Authority of India and Adani Enterprises in February this year for Ahmedabad, Mangalore and Lucknow airports.
The merit list of Common Entrance Test will be valid for 3 years
Commenting on the decision of the cabinet, Union Minister Prakash Javadekar said that today young people have to pass many exams for jobs. Instead, the National Recruitment Agency will now take the Common Eligibility Test. In this regard, Minister Jitendra Singh said that the merit list of this Common Entrance Test will be valid for 3 years. It will benefit the youth. Prakash Javadekar said there are about 20 recruitment agencies in the country. The government has taken an important decision to end all this. Prakash Javadekar said that this demand of the youth was there for years. However, no decision has been taken so far. The decision will also alleviate the suffering of the youth and save them money. Youngsters will now have the opportunity to go beyond a single exam.
The Union Cabinet on Wednesday announced the setting up of a ‘National Recruitment Agency’ to conduct the con eligibility test. The government claims that this agency will lighten the burden of all examinations from the head of the candidate, on the other hand there will be a standard pattern and common course of the exam system. At the same time it will make the recruitment process much easier and save time.
Union Minister Prakash Javadekar said that youngsters have to take a lot of exams to build their careers. The center currently has more than 20 recruitment agencies.
Prakash Javadekar said that now this system has been abolished and a ‘National Recruitment Agency’ has been set up. The institute will now conduct the Common Eligibility Test (CET).
He said the government’s decision would benefit millions of students across the country. The agency will conduct a single exam for jobs in all fields. This will save both the labor and money of the youth.
What is the problem now
- The schedule of each examination of each agency is different, for which the application process and application fee are also different. When two or three exams are held, the chances of getting into trouble often increase.
- Rural students, women and the disabled face difficulty in traveling as there are separate examination centers. A student coming from far away has to stay in other cities.
- Often the dates of the exams match. In this, the candidate is confused as to which exam he will sit for and which exam he will skip.
- Most of the exams have the same level but all the studies are different.
- There are more than 20 recruitment agencies at the center.
- At present only the examinations of 3 agencies are being made common.
- Common tests will be conducted to all the agencies in the near future.
- So far the same exam is held in several stages. The agency is busy all year round.
- No one can be the standard of examination in this system. This makes the exam sometimes very easy and sometimes very difficult.
- There is a very limited number of places to conduct the exam.
An agency of all three agencies
The three Central Government Recruitment Agencies (Railway Recruitment Board-RRB, Bank-IBPS and SSC-SSC) issue about 1.25 vacancies in Group-B or Group-C every year. 2.5 to 3 crore people take part in this vacancy exam. Candidates are busy throughout the year in the examinations of these three agencies.
Now it will go down one level. Now the same Common Eligibility Test will be conducted for all the three agencies.
National Recruitment Agency
The National Recruitment Agency will be a society and this will be a completely independent organization. It will include representatives from all the three recruitment agencies (SSC, RRB and IBPS). The agency will spend Rs 1,517.57 crore for the first three years. The system will save the three recruitment agencies Rs 600 crore every year.
The agency will conduct the first phase examination. Most people sit for the first level exam. The exam will be completely online (computer based). The result will be available to the candidate immediately.
Depending on the score of this exam, the candidate can apply in any of the three agencies and sit for the examination in its separate phase.
What will be the benefit
– All agencies will have a standard pattern of com exam.
– First level examination will have only one syllabus.
– Each district will have at least one examination center.
– The result of the exam will be available immediately.
– This result will be valid for three years.
– Re-examination facility to improve the exam score.
– There will be a common registration portal for this exam.
-There will be a question bank, there will be a single fee pattern.
– It will include 12 languages.
– Candidates in different parts will not have language problem in the examination.
– There will be a helpline running 24 hours a day. The candidate will be able to present his problem.
Decision to also give relief to sugarcane growers
Giving more details about the decision taken at the meeting, Prakash Javadekar said that the cabinet has also taken a decision for one crore sugarcane growers. The government has increased the beneficial value. Now the price has been fixed at Rs 285 per quintal. That’s based on a 10 percent recovery. If there is an 11 per cent recovery, you will get Rs 28 50 paise more per quintal. It will benefit one crore farmers.
✅ Read Full News Report From Here
✅ Read Full News Report From Here 2